Re: [Amps] Dedicated RF

To: w2xj@w2xj.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dedicated RF
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 19:13:27 -0500
There is a tremendous difference.  QRO solid state design has a whole
different set of issues.  Go to a show and talk to someone who has
done it and brought it to market.  As far as I know, the only outfit
with a no time limit solid state all band amp 1.5 KW is Dishtronix;
last I heard they want $10 or $11 K; go to Dayton and if they are
there they'll be delighted to fill you in on all the hurdles they had
to get over.

This is not a broadcast rig that parks on only one frequency.
Covering a range over which the wavelength divides by 16 is not
trivial.

73

Rob
K5UJ