Re: [Amps] Changes to the 3CX1200 tube

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Changes to the 3CX1200 tube
From: "Leigh Turner" <invertech@frontierisp.net.au>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:22:38 +0930
That's right Roger, the suffix has undergone a few revisions...it was a
3CX1200A7, then a 3CX1200D7, now it's a 3CX1200Z7.

I think the improvement iterations related to internal grid construction
differences and reduced feedback C resulting in improved stability. The
filament voltage was changed originally from 7.5 to 6.3 V too I think.

I've not used this tube but it looks alike a modern metal ceramic beefed-up
incarnation of the venerable 3-500Z / 3-1000Z class of glass tube.

Leigh
VK5KLT