Re: [Amps] BAD DEAL STAY AWAY! / an alternative source

To: "Dave Cole" <dave@nk7z.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] BAD DEAL STAY AWAY! / an alternative source
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:59:53 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Cole" <dave@nk7z.net>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:45 AM

I have found just the opposite...  I have had two cases with Paypal over
a 15 year period...  I was the buyer, and in both cases I feel I got
cheated by the seller...

Case 1:
I sent money to a person for an item, never got the item...  Got email
telling me it would be shipped real soon now...  But somehow it never
got shipped.  Within 30 days Paypal removed the funds from the seller,
and deposited them in my account.  The seller never responded to Paypal
when they asked for his side of the story.  That vendor no longer has
the Paypal logo on his website...

I think you got that a bit wrong. When you open a dispute with PayPal they immediately withdraw the seller funds but dont tell you. In your case the seller probably figured "why bother responding, I'll just let him wait for PayPal to close the case".

Case 2:
I purchased an item, it arrived damaged, (I am sure it happened in
shipping), and the vendor offered to send a part to fix the item, being
unsure it would correct the issue, the catch-- if it did not fix the
issue too bad for me, the deal would be over...  The replacement part
was a 50 cent part BTW...  To make a long story short, I told the vendor
I would return his item, at his postage expense, as I had paid shipping
already to get it delivered.  The vendor went insane...  Started telling
me about his money problems, his house mortgage, his and his parents
health issues, etc. and how he would not pay a dime in postage because
of these other issues no matter what...  He stupidly did this in
email...  I sent all of this along to Paypal, and within 30 days, and
after Paypal had been in touch with the vendor, they found in my
favor...

I based on this, I will simply not do business with ANYONE who will not
take PayPal.

Could you expand on what happened to you?

PayPal written policy is that the buyer returns items at his own expense and it is also right in the sellers listing if you bother to read the details. It sounds as if you want both sides of the bread buttered.

Carl
KM1H

--
73's and Thanks,