Re: [Amps] BAD DEAL STAY AWAY! / an alternative source

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] BAD DEAL STAY AWAY! / an alternative source
From: Dave Cole <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 08:32:42 -0700
KM1H,

Case 1:

Your comment: "In your case the seller probably figured "why bother
responding, I'll just let him wait for PayPal to close the case".

Seller did not send item after taking money, and did not respond to any
communications attempts, seller did not even ack receipt of my payment,
(PayPal indicated he received it...  Yes, I really want my bread
buttered on both sides...  What a fool I am to expect the seller to let
me know he even got my payment, much less ship the item...  Silly greedy
me...  You sort of missed the point of the example...

Case 2:
Your comment: "PayPal written policy is that the buyer returns items at
his own expense and it is also right in the sellers listing if you
bother to read the details. It sounds as if you want both sides of the
bread buttered.

Item arrived broken...  Seller refused to correct the problem in a way
that insured his item worked, asking me to gamble that the part he sent
would correct the issue, or "he would be done with the deal, or I could
return it", I chose to return the item.  After sending the seller the
tracking information, (remember the seller said to return it), the
seller started saying he would not accept it and would refuse it at the
door...

To recap, I purchased an item, paid for postage to get it to me, and the
seller would not correct the broken item and told me I could return
it...  I return it, and the seller then says he will not accept it...
Again, silly me for expecting the item to arrive working as advertised,
or the seller to actually back up his product, or stand by his
invitation to return it...

Again, silly me...  Again, you miss the point...  Sellers item was
BROKEN and not working, seller said return it, then said he would refuse
it...  Seller did not correct this...  BTW: Paypal did have the seller
pay return postage regardless of what you say...

Lets see I have had two cases in 10 years as a buyer, and none as a
seller...  Yes, I am a real abuser of the PayPal process and without a
doubt am trying to take advantage of the poor sellers...  Silly me for
expecting the product to even be shipped, or if shipped arrive
working...

As I said, in no case will I buy OR SELL unless Paypal is involved...
Yes I said SELL, I am not afraid that PayPal will end up with any sort
of issue, as I communicate with the buyer or seller...

I want the buyer/seller to be happy and not worried about an item or
payment when I sell/buy...  I have sold many items over the past 10
years and have had ZERO issues as a seller...  Perhaps that is because I
advertise the item in exactly the condition it is in, including as many
photos as possible.  I have 100% good feedback on eBay as a result of
this...

If an item arrives DOA, I eat the return postage, and refund the money,
then I sort it out.  In essence I take the risk that the item will
arrive intact.  I also insure every item I mail for the replacement
value in the event something does happen, so far nothing has ever
happened in shipment...

Do you have some issue with PayPal, or do you actually believe your
point has some merit?  If so, please elucidate!

--
73's and Thanks,
Dave