[Amps] Some thoughts about FL-2100 and SB-200 work in 6m

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Some thoughts about FL-2100 and SB-200 work in 6m
From: "Hsu" <hsu4qro@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 00:09:18 +0800

A few month ago, I have discuss with a friend about a pair 572Bs work in 6m,in usually, the people don't think some PAs like FL-2100 and SB-200 what with 2X572Bs can not work in 160(80)m-6m, 6m only. I have some thoughts about these PAs, maybe can modify and let these PA work in 160(80)m to 6m . 1) add a relay and swicth in/out 6m input network indendently and let the wire what connect to the cathoude as short as possible.
don't modify the exist input network.2).I do know 572B with long lead.
to add a FR4 PCB or metal sheet what with two holes in the top of tube 's base/bottom of anode(actually insert the tube into the holes) , connect / solder the sheet /PCB to ground . this sheet for shield cathoude/anode. 3)in 6m band , duo to the 572B's large capacitance, you can not get resonable QL,if cut the plate capacitor,and regard the tube 's output capatance +stray capacitance as plate capacitor(fixed), insert a shorted copper circle in the coil to turn the PA like http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~jh2clv/gu74b2m/2mplatecoil030920.jpg. this can solve the problem what 572B's large output capacitance problem.3)certainly, the neutralization is needed. I do not have FL-2100 and SB-200, If you interested, maybe you can try to add 6m band and HF bands still usuable.
Any suggestion?
73!Hsu