Re: [Amps] Passive grid stability calculation for a tetrode?

To: g8on@fsmail.net, wlfuqu00@uky.edu, km1h@jeremy.mv.com, donroden@hiwaay.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Passive grid stability calculation for a tetrode?
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 08:42:28 -0500 (EST)
Hi All, a late input here: I have been wondering what the feedback
power/voltage does to the input vswr. Seems there would be two standing waves
present: one from the input circuit mismatch (if any) and the feedback voltage
of hopefully a smaller magnitude.

The resulting combined vswr would depend on the relative phase of the two
standing waves, right?

It seems that there would be some good benefits to adding a neutralizing
circuit even for a passive grid design.

All of my tetrode experience has been with cathode driven designs. I have a
 TH347 PA on 1296 MHz that has a fully adjustable input matching circuit.
No  amount of tweaking will make the input vswr much better than about 2:1. I
always  assumed it was because of the unneutralized feed back from anode to
cathode. By  tuning the driver and input match for maximum PA power output,
it all seems to  work well so it has been left as is.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 11/15/2013 12:17:40 P.M. Central Standard Time,