Re: [Amps] Passive grid stability calculation for a tetrode?

To: Markku Oksanen <ww1c@outlook.com>, Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Passive grid stability calculation for a tetrode?
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 11:44:07 +0100
Markku,

It may be shown that (i.e. as the books say, it is left as an exercise for the
reader!) if you have H<2 as a result of solving the equation  H=gwCpgRpRg
where g is the mutual conductance, w = 2 times pi times frequency, Cpg is the
pate - grid capacitance, Rp is the plate load resistance and Rg is the grid
resistance, the stage is stable. Arguably Rp should be the plate load
resistance in parallel with AC plate resistance of the tube, but sticking to
the load resistance gives a bit more stability.

vy 73

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: Nov 15 2013, 07:32 AM