Re: [Amps] Passive grid stability calculation for a tetrode?

To: TexasRF@aol.com, wlfuqu00@uky.edu, km1h@jeremy.mv.com, donroden@hiwaay.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Passive grid stability calculation for a tetrode?
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 16:47:21 +0100
Gerald,

Feedback does change the input impedance, both in  terms of real and imaginary
components. The equations are certainly in earlier Editions of Terman's 'Radio
Engineering', if not the later editions. Obviously, the swamping effect of
passive grid helps reduce the variations, but as the magnitude of the variation
depends on the gain, then any non-linearity will affect (and probably degrade
by Murphy's Law!) the IMD.

73

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: Nov 18 2013, 01:42 PM