[Amps] Questions on Alpha 8410

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Questions on Alpha 8410
From: "Mike & Becca Krzystyniak" <k9mk@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 12:01:52 -0600
Greetings Thermionic Sages,

    I'm looking at an Alpha 8410 for a friend that is exhibiting what I
consider a weird problem.

    This amp is 2 weeks old and worked fine until two days ago.
    On SSB, legal limit out in a casual round table, after a little time
transmitting the amp faults and trips out.
    It resets in about 4-5 seconds and then works for awhile before the same
thing happens.

    The exciter is a FT-1000D. Does this amp need ALC?

    Is there an accessible fault table or software application that read out
the faults and might give a clue?

   Thanks in advance.

73  Mike K9MK/5

PS: On a side note, I know Alpha changed hands but are they still in
business?