Re: [Amps] 130 V MOV placement ??

To: Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 130 V MOV placement ??
From: c miller <c_miller_1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 20:33:48 +0000
Well, if a MOV is only available best placement is line to neutral thus
protecting the powered equipment from basic power line differential spikes.  To
achieve better protection three MOVs are to me used in a line to line and line
to ground configuration thus clamping all spikes to rated values at the
equipment.  This catches any common mode events that could occur on any pair of
lines.  Got to watch them long lightning antennae that exist in the structure.😄

Chris
VE3CEA

Sent from myMail for iOS