Tower Help

Subject: Tower Help
From: Michael Tope <mtope@iu.net> (Michael Tope)
Hey Folks,

I am in seriously contemplating putting up a tower here at my QTH in
Florida, and was wondering were I could get information on how to make wind
survival versus tower size tradeoffs, guy selection, etc. I am considering a
60 to 70 foot guyed tower with a something like a Force-12 C-3 Tribander
stacked under a Cushcraft 402CD. Being in Hurricane country, I would like to
be able to do wind survival comparisons between Rohn 25, 45 and 55 to see if
the heavier tower sections are worth the added expense. I just got a copy of
Dave Leeson's book "Physical Design of Yagi Antenna's", from what I have
seen so far, an excellent book, but it seems focus mostly on antenna and
mast design - no too much about towers. No sense putting up a antenna and
mast rated for 120 mph if the tower is going to buckle at 95 - HI HI.

Please respond direct to me at mtope@iu.net. I'll summarize and post the

Many thanks!

73 de Mike, AD4VH

**  Michael Tope, AD4VH (ex KD8NS, KA8ESD)      **
**  200 Easy Street                             **
**  Melbourne, FL 32934                         **
**  Tel: (407) 259-7494                         **
**  Email: mtope@iu.net                         **

"It is the empty space inside the vessel that makes it useful" - Lao Tzu