CONTEST STATION TVI/PHONEI SOLUTION

Subject: CONTEST STATION TVI/PHONEI SOLUTION
From: Robert <w5robert@blkbox.COM> (Robert)
Having tried the hands off approach and giving the neighbors a
copy of the FCC manual, I found:
They did write the FCC.
The FCC (DALLAS OFFICE) sent me a neat form that wanted me to
go around and get input from different neighbors.  The FCC would NOT
come to my aid and even state to the neighbor what was on the phone:
You must accept interference from other sources.  The FCC would not come
visit.  The FCC took the word of my neighbor and while my station had
a clean bill of health - ie: all my household TVs and phones worked fine!
I felt like the FCC was about to ask for quiet hours,etc. without
any basis of the facts.
I have since moved. - No amps on line, bigger lots, antenna at the back
fence line, etc.  A part of the move was in fact due to the FCC and
their position and the form asking me to go neighbor to neighbor getting
input.  I have no problem buying the neighbor a bullet-proof phone if
he needs one.  In the long run it's cheaper and we stay friends....
And the FCC can go find some real ones, maybe on 75 ?
As far as the FCC -> I would support more $$ in their budget to
do some police work and help keep things in line!
--
73 Robert  WB5CRG  w5robert@blkbox.com