LU's novices new frequencies

Subject: LU's novices new frequencies
From: ramirezk@emi.com (ramirezk@emi.com)
Date: Wed Oct 23 22:08:05 1996
  Yes Mike, as a matter of fact ,it really DOES matter. If an
agreement was reached by someone,a group,etc with someone
else,some other group,etc., to keep contesting out of that
portion of the band in order to keep non-contesters from
bothering contesters and vice versa then it IS important to
investigate what was agreed upon for our own benefit. You break
a promise once and you may never be trusted again. Why keep
giving the anti-contest crowd more fodder to use against us.
Some of you have replied privately stating that you are not
Gentlemen and will be calling there regardless. Why does this
not surprise me? Arrogance and indifference breeds likewise. You
can't just ignore agreements (if one indeed existed) just
because something not to your liking transpired ex post facto.
         This is a moot point until someone can come up with any
facts about any agreement that was made, hence my original post.
Many responses but nobody with the facts about such an
agreement; only informing me that they plan on calling there
anyway. I ask again; does anyone know if this is the case about
28.300- 28.350 being off limits to contesting?    73 Ken KP4XS

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996, KA2AEV@aol.com wrote:
>Does it really matter?
>It looks like the Government changed their frequencies and not
them!
>I could see upholding a Gentlemens aggrement if it was an
understanding
>But it definatly looks like the gov down there did it and not
the
>Argentinian Novices!
>So why should both us and them suffer by not being able to work
a contest
>because their Government went and changed their rules?
>I say that we work around this and try to set aside a new
contest free