LU's novices new frequencies

Subject: LU's novices new frequencies
From: KA2AEV@aol.com (KA2AEV@aol.com)
Date: Sat Oct 26 12:27:17 1996
JP whats Ken's talking about & Ken please correct me if Im not understanding
what your trying to get out,
is not working them in their subband (one which their government set up)
because some group of indivuals decided that 28.3 to 28.35  was going
to be off limits to contests!
Why should those new operators from Argentina miss out on possibly
entering a new area of the hobby, one which they might enjoy and prompt them
to upgrade out of their novice class to a higher class because of this group
deciding on this Gentlemens agreement?
Not only that, what if they are trying to work for their WAS or other award
which would be very easy to obtain during this CQWW SSB event. How many of
the USA operators are even aware that Argentina has a novice subband that
high in 10 meters???
Also, another Op sent me a message saying something which I agree with
totally
and the ARRL and every other group will have its hands full when this does
happen,
Whats going to happen to that Gentlemens agreement when the Sunspots return
in full force?  I remember a fews years ago, 10m was filled with signals from
28.3
all the way past 28.8mhz during the 10m contest & ARRL Dx Contest!

Man I wish I was in Antigua now!

73 de Mike