computer noise- more

Subject: computer noise- more
From: k4isv@westky.com (Bud)
Date: Sun Jan 26 19:19:44 1997
During the cqww fone in October a new computer placed in the shack only
hours before the contest gave us terrible 80m hash.( Okay, I know dont
add anything new before a contest!)  We replaced the computer the second
night and worked what most worked the first night.

After reading several comments about computer RFI here I took the PS
apart and found exactly as described.  There were four capicators and
two toroids clearly marked on the circuit board that were not there!
The toroids were replaced by two jumpers.  I added .1 caps and rolled a
couple toroids on what I had in the shack.  Just turned the computer on
and absolutely no hash at all.  The manufacturer must have saved at
least fifty cents by leaving out the parts!! Hope this helps someone
else cure some computer RFI.  Look to the PS first!
73,Bud, K4ISV