computer noise- more

Subject: computer noise- more
From: k4isv@westky.com (Bud)
Date: Mon Jan 27 00:03:20 1997
Marijan Miletic wrote:

> Hi Bud, tks for mni contest QSO with your big sig (amazed K1ZZ at my QRA) !
> You may have noticed that monitor plug is behind filter so all the noise may
> go out that way.  That is another fifty cents of saving...
> 73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU.
thank you for your response and the many contest points!!!  think i
caught k1zz on a good skip, hi!  yes, the monitor leads can cause the
same problem and adaquate filtering is required.  this particular case
was so bad you would not believe and the missing componets did a
complete cure.  this proves to me that the engineering is okay but the
ecomomics take precedence.  cu in some contests-- no noise!!
73,bud

From: km9p@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, N4VJ / K4AAA) (Bill Fisher, N4VJ /
K4AAA)
Subject: 80M 4 Square Owners

Seems that I am fixing broken wires every time I go up to the mountain on
this 80M 4-square.  I've got 130' of Rohn 25 and a line on more.

My idea is to use one stick sunk in the ground and another on top of it.
Then an insulator of some kind.  Then about 38' of Rohn-25 with a 204BA
element sticking out of the top with some additional taper at the thick end
to fatten it up and make it longer.  I'll guy the tower once with Phyllistan.

Any comments on this plan?

73

Bill Fisher, N4VJ & K4AAA (EX KM9P)
http://www.contesting.com