[CQ-Contest] QSL'ing

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSL'ing
From: W1HIJ@contesting.com (W1HIJ--Bill)
Date: Mon Feb 16 12:04:13 1998
At 12:11 16-02-98 -0500, K3ZO wrote:
>When I started ham radio, everybody sent their QSLs direct, usually in
>postcard form, and without SASE or other remuneration.  It was the "regular
>way of doing things."

>What we have is simply a
>greater degree of selfishness which no amount of intellectual gloss can hide.

>Too bad our new hams can't be exposed to the hobby the way it was when I
>started.

They can Fred, and people like yourself (and myself) and lots of others are
the way it happens. I too try to be sure and send QSL's unbidden.... and
I'm always more than a little surprised when I get a domestic QSL that has
am SASE enclosed.

Please don't take this as "preaching", but it seems to me that the simplest
way to change some of the things we don't like about the current state of
the hobby is just to act differently, act in a way that reflects the
situation as we would like it to be. Then, little by little, the standard
of the "way things are" will be a little closer to the "way we want them to
be".

I seem to remember something about a "golden rule" as being applicable here!

73,

Bill, W1HIJ
Newport Beach, CA, DM13bo
ex WN1HIJ, W7GEG, AC6UH