[CQ-Contest] QSL'ing

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSL'ing
From: k0luz@ix.netcom.com (Gary Letchford)
Date: Mon Feb 16 15:44:18 1998
Looking at the stamps on some of the very first qsl cards I
received,  I find a 1 cent stamp!.   Although everything is
higher now than then,  I don't think that the cost of living
has increased 20 fold!  So the cost of qsling has, as a very
small part of a persons budget, increased for everyone.

But most of the qsl's I received back then were from "real qso's."
Qso's that went further than 59 FLA 73 and GL.  The fraternity
has grown further apart as time has marched on.  I can remember
that if you saw someone with a ham plate on their car,  you did
all you could do,  to stop them and have a conversation to get to
know them better.  Now,  I see ham plates in cars next to me,  and
neither of us even nod at each other.

This is not to say the world is going to hell in a hand basket,  but
it is a little different than when the saying "the qsl in the final
courtesy of a qso" was first uttered.

73
Red
K0LUZ