[CQ-Contest] QSL'ing

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSL'ing
From: wrt@eskimo.com (Bill Turner, W7TI)
Date: Tue Feb 17 05:22:31 1998
On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 12:11:19 -0500, Fred Laun K3ZO <aalaun@ibm.net>
wrote:

>When I started ham radio, everybody sent their QSLs direct, usually in
>postcard form, and without SASE or other remuneration.  It was the "regular
>way of doing things."
>
>I have been a ham for 45 years and I still love QSL'ing.  Just because
>times have changed doesn't mean that everything that I used to love doing
>has to be thrown on the trash heap of life.

I agree with a lot of what you say, Fred, but times have changed.
When we started hamming back in the 50s, there was no 5BDXCC, no
5BWAS, WAZ was in it's infancy (never mind 5BWAZ), etc, etc.  QSLing
back then was easy because not much was required.  By comparison,
today it's a paper blizzard.  I know what you're saying, though.  I
miss the old days too.

73, Bill W7TI