[CQ-Contest] GO subliminal

Subject: [CQ-Contest] GO subliminal
From: py2yp@pobox.com (py2yp@pobox.com)
Date: Thu Mar 12 12:28:05 1998
Trey Garlough wrote:

Hi Trey,

Very well said. I couldn't say it any better.

Our brain is programmed to "hear" the prefix first. Doesn't sound weird
hearing Japan X-ray when running a Stateside pile-up? What hell is that
Japan X-ray doing here? In consequence your brain refuses to copy, no
matter whow strong the JX is.

On the other hand if you hear Kilo Charlie your brain immediately says:
Kilo Charlie five nine kay and pay close attention to the Kilo Charlie
station filtering away the others Ws and Ks.

That's it.

73 DX de PY2YP - Cesar
(ZZ2Z in the contests)
mailto:py2yp@pobox.com