[CQ-Contest] 2RSO Operating Position Layout

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 2RSO Operating Position Layout
From: n7ex@athenet.net (Dave_K9NX)
Date: Wed May 5 12:33:51 1999
I am slowly but surely moving towards a setting up a 2 radio / single
operator (2RSO) station. In the process I am laying plans to build a custom
operating table / position. My question to the group is what is the
collected  experience with operating position layout. Five combinations
come to mind shown below. I am right handed, and reasonably coordinated but
not overly ambidextrous (although I can pat my head and rub my stomach at
the same time) so keep that in mind ~8^).

1) PC Monitor left of center, Radio #1 just right of center with Radio #2
just above it.

2) PC Monitor dead center, Radio #1 to the right of the monitor, Radio #2
to the left of the monitor.

3) PC Monitor on the left, Radio #1 dead center, Radio #2 on the right.

4) Radio #1 just left of center, Radio #2 just right of center, PC Monitor
dead center above radios.

5) Same as four above but reverse Radio #1 and #2.

I am leaning towards #5. This puts the monitor immediately in front of you
at eye level, while keeping the radios in front as well. It would seem to
require the least movement of the body to the right or left. I assume Radio
#1 is the main radio and that would put it on my right because I am right
handed. In all layouts other equipment (rotor control, amps, TNCs, 2M gear
etc) would go either above or to the sides.

Dave
K9NX