[CQ-Contest] The best QSOs/hour on SSB/CW

Subject: [CQ-Contest] The best QSOs/hour on SSB/CW
From: pfkski@vail.net (Philip F. Krichbaum)
Date: Tue Jun 26 19:26:58 2001
Chris, Masa is most likely the one that I'd heard of. As I remember the
story he had sustained rates of 450/hr. In the days of paper logs that
was probably the rate before removing dupes and was probably measured
for the number of QSOs for a full hour.
        That was also in the days when if we had propagation to JA on 10, 15
or 40 from Colorado there was an endless pileup of JAs calling us. No
more, you now get lots of empty CQs when the bands are open to JA. It
amazes me that all of a sudden three or four will call you and you work
one very quickly and get no response to a QRZ!
        73 Phil N0KE