[CQ-Contest] The best QSOs/hour on SSB/CW

Subject: [CQ-Contest] The best QSOs/hour on SSB/CW
From: 9a3a@spidernet.com.cy (Ivo PEZER, 5B4ADA)
Date: Wed Jun 27 23:48:46 2001

> A 300 hour on CW would seem "almost impossible" to me. After having my
best
> ever 60 minutes from EA8BH in the last CQWW CW (258) I'm not sure what
else
> could have gone better.

Nothing is impossible, Champ...just keep trying and I'm sure you will break
300 mark on CW. If you have 15 minutes of over 300 rate, I don't see why you
can't make it. Or is one hour tooooo long?

> As Kenny, K2KW points out, the best rates ARE NOT when you have a big
> pileup. This 258 hour was around 1630-1730 on 10M, mostly Ws with a few
EUs.
> I already had about 1000 Qs on 10M and just hit the band from a stint on
> 15M. And I never had too many guys calling me, just a nice, steady pile.

I prefer bigger pile up, than I get higher rates. But, I don't get long pile
ups from 5B4 any more... A61AJ experience tells me that 300/'hr CW could be
reachable...

> But the secret that weekend to making a lot of QSOs was not the big hours,
> it was the fact I never had an hour < 100. And I never had an hour <100
> because I never had to S&P on the run radio.

Bravo and congrats again, when are you going to reveal your secrets for SLOW
rates??

> Rate     # Hours
> >225 1
> 200-224 5