[CQ-Contest] I watch with interest, but with great sadness

Subject: [CQ-Contest] I watch with interest, but with great sadness
From: jmax@attglobal.net (jmax@attglobal.net)
Date: Wed Feb 13 18:41:58 2002
I've been surprised at the response to this piece -
several of you have actually taken it seriously.  Folks,
it's satire!  He's pulling our legs!  You need go no further
than the first paragraph to pick up on it - " In those days,
I was told, the average ham picked up the magazine and
skipped directly to the DXCC listings page for his first
half hour or so of reading.  The same 3-4 callsigns over
and over."  Sure, it takes a half hour or so to read the
same 3-4 callsigns??

Further, the claim that the DXCC certificates is in danger
of elimination is absolutely bogus.  It's simply not true.

Get a grip, fellows.  Relax.  The world isn't coming to
an end.

73.  Jim, W6CF