[CQ-Contest] 2002 ARRL DX Phone Results Available

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 2002 ARRL DX Phone Results Available
From: k5na@texas.net (Richard L. King)
Date: Thu Sep 26 14:13:14 2002
The ARRL DX Contest results are still available to the rest of the world
the same as it has been for 50 years or more. When the QST magazine is
published, the results are available to anyone who reads or buys the magazine.

Nothing has changed about that schedule of releasing the contest results.

With the availability of Internet, the ARRL now allows members-only to get
an EARLY look at the results by viewing it on the web site. Without these
members supporting the ARRL, the ARRL would not exist and these people all
receive the magazine anyway. So it is not unfair to allow them an early
peek at the results.

When the magazine becomes public, the results become common knowledge just
the same as before and on the same schedule as before. Except that the ARRL
now allows everyone to view the results on their web site after QST is mailed.

This is nothing to get upset about. Non-ARRL members probably get results
faster now than you used to before Internet.

73, Richard