[CQ-Contest] ARRL Discrimination - was "2002 ARRL DX PhoneResults Availa

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Discrimination - was "2002 ARRL DX PhoneResults Available"
From: rhodes@evertek.net (Jim Rhodes)
Date: Thu Sep 26 14:40:09 2002
I am truly at a loss here. Why are people bitching so much? In the past you
had to buy the magazine (or borrow it) to see the results & line scores.
Now they are on the web for anyone to see. Sure the dues paying member gets
to see them a little bit sooner. But now you can see them on-line without
buying the mag or joining the league. Even the dues paying members are not
going to get the line scores if they don't have internet access. That seems
more discriminatory than letting DUES PAYING MEMBERS see the scores a bit
sooner.

Don't like it? Pay the dues. Or better yet, sponsor your own contest. Give
away all the forms, rules, results, etc. Process all the logs yourself.
Spend your own money to publish & distribute the results.

At 10:11 AM 9/26/02, Sylvan Katz wrote:
>Tony
>
> >Let's go on to something more positive that will add to
>our hobby and quit bitching!
>
>One of the most important things we can do is figure out ways to increase
>participation in contests.
>
>Discriminating against contestants who your organization has invited to
>participate in their contests but who are not members of your organization
>does not seem to be an appropriate way to do this.
>
>Paying attention to small details like this is one good way to promote
>fellowship and a more positive outlook on the larger amateur radio
>contesting community. Sweeping details like this under the carpet only
>causes the problem to fester in an unhealthy manner.
>
>.. sylvan
>
>Ô¿Ô¬

Jim Rhodes K0XU
jim@rhodesend.net