[CQ-Contest] Unsportsmanlike?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Unsportsmanlike?
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Tue Nov 5 14:07:19 2002
KE1FO's description reminded me of something...

I learned CW memorizing dots & dashes with that bloody ARRL book.

Luckily, WB7DSI (now N7CF) demonstrated that after some operating
(Viking II & SX-101, w/SX-101 later replaced by some right whizbang
kit like an NC-300 & SB-301) I could easily copy the sidetone of his
Heathkit keyer (HD-1410?) at 15 wpm over the telephone, when I thought
double-digit speeds were impossible.

Somewhere around that time I recall trying to crack pile ups but the
mute switch on the receiver, B+ switch on the Viking & the knife switch
for the antenna were a little too much for late-70s DXing.

I believe there is a company with a four-letter brand name for footwear
that has a slogan that is applicable here: just do it.

Once upon a time, the guys we all look to today were the clueless gits
we are today.

73, BW2/VR2BrettGraham