[CQ-Contest] Unsportsmanlike?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Unsportsmanlike?
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Tue Nov 5 10:01:51 2002
As others have stated, throwing a newbie into SS wasn't a good idea.
It has the most complex exchange of any major contest, as well as
mostly seasoned ops. You wouldn't throw a newbie into a Sprint, would
you?

A state QSO party would have been a better choice. An even better
choice would have been telling the newbie to first operate casual CW
to become more proficient before trying his hand in a contest.

Just because the FCC has dumbed down licensing requirements doesn't
mean we have to dumb down our operating abilities and acquiesce to
mediocrity.

I would QRS if someone asked, but I'm typically not a speed demon on
the sending end (just the receiving end), and I can't recall anyone
ever asking.

73,
Barry W2UP