[CQ-Contest] Self-spotting

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting
From: eu1sa@belsonet.net (Vladimir V. Sidorov)
Date: Sat May 31 17:41:08 2003
Gents,

There were a lot of suggestions how to settle the self-spotting problem.
Some of them require quite complicated actions to be taken. Though there is
a very simple solution.

OK, the K1TTT observation is just an observation as a matter of fact, as
there is no anti-self-spotting mechanism stated in the rules. It means,
regardless we all want it or not, nobody can be DQed based on this report.
Accordingly all the contest's resuls will be computed based on logs
provided. Fine.

In the meantime why not to publish the contest's resuls ALONG WITH the K1TTT
report? Without any actions taken, whatever. Just the report. But everybody
will be able to corellate results achieved with self-spotting.

I do believe, next year real serious contesters WILL DO THEIR BEST in order
not to show up in this list again.

73,
"Walt", EU1SA