[CQ-Contest] Contesting from the basement

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesting from the basement
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Thu Jul 24 14:42:30 2003
> Hal's issue with cold feet is well noted.  A concrete floor is a massive
> thermal mass that will eventually overcome all of the insulation
> you can put
> on your feet.

My station is in one of the carpeted bedrooms of my one-story house.  Even
so, I still get cold feet during contests (maybe I should stand a bit more
often).  My solution is wear socks and throw a bath towel under the desk.  I
can wiggle my feet into the towel pretty well and keep my feet warm.  Most
often, it's just the added padding of the carpet and the towel that keeps my
feet comfortable.

Maybe for those with amps, they can run divert their amplifier heat exhaust
under the desk.

73,
dale, kg5u