RE: [CQ-Contest] LoTW Fee Schedule just released !!!

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] LoTW Fee Schedule just released !!!
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:04:27 -0400
I was expecting a cost per credit in the $0.10 - $0.15
range similar to the per QSO charge in the DXCC program.
$0.25 is on the high end but still reasonable compared
to the cost of paper QSLs.  However, if one confirms
multiple contacts per card which is becoming more common
the cost for five "credits" can get down to around $0.14
each from a US station and around $0.50 for DX.

I haven't seen any information as to whether one may one
purchase, the bulk credits, and use them over the course
of a couple years (maintain a balance) or if one must
purchase credits as they are needed/used.  If the former,
the cost becomes more reasonable ... If the latter, I
suspect I will ignore LotW ... having the "real" card
eclipses the difference in cost particularly for the
relatively few remaining entities.

I really wish ARRL had worked out and announced all the
details in advance!

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK