Re: [CQ-Contest] SS beefs

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS beefs
From: "Mark Beckwith" <mark@concertart.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 09:32:01 -0600
K3NA said:

>I found "PWR?" worked as well as "PREC?" in
>getting fills during the SS CW contest.

I, to, always used to say "pwr?" and that worked fine when the precedence
was only a function of power (in the GOOD OLD DAYS).

However, this weekend I had such mixed results early on, because I think a
lot of "modern entrants" don't see the precedence as linked to power like it
was before.  So I thought about an alternative.  My big SS Secret is: I
settled on asking "Q?" because this seemed to make sense to everyone I sent
it to and they would correct me if they weren't a "Q" person.

Still, if it was a part of the number (i.e. "45Q") I think that would make
it overall easier.

Mark, N5OT