Re: [CQ-Contest] Old SS Battles

To: "David A. Pruett" <k8cc@comcast.net>,"Leigh S. Jones" <kr6x@kr6x.com>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Old SS Battles
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:50:52 -0500
At 07:03 PM 11/19/03 -0500, David A. Pruett wrote:
I wish we'd see some battles like this again. Admittedly, it takes the right combination of motivated ops combined with big stations, with a dose of die-hard competition tempered with sportsmanship and comraderie.

With a nod to Peter, Paul, and Mary - "Where have all the competitor's gone?"

Gee, I think WP3R (KE3Q), KH7X (KH6ND), K5TR, WB0O, K4XS and a host of others would answer, "We're here." These are just the top 5 from last year's phone SS, all with scores over 320K. In my 40 years in SS (so far), I think the competition for the top spots has never been tougher. The fact that screaming has gone out of vogue doesn't mean they don't try just as hard.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated October 29.
2469 stations are listed -- 29 new and over 100 updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm