[CQ-Contest] Improper packet spotting?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Improper packet spotting?
From: "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:57:18 -0000
During the contest, I noted a W1 station doing a lot of spotting of
stateside stations, many of whom were his fellow YCCC members.  As a
result of this, one of my fellow FRCers started spotting some of us
(myself included).
Is this an accepted practice?  IMO, it shouldn't be.  One of the
"unwritten" CQWW rules says "active use of packet spotting only." If
you can't work the station being spotted for points, then you
shouldn't spot it, right?
73,
Barry W2UP--