Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ pattern in contest - what's your vote?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ pattern in contest - what's your vote?
From: "Wayne Wright, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:09:09 -0600 (CST)
Since packet is never going away and we should make it completely
legal in the rules for all operating categories, I see no reason
to have this discussion. Nobody should ever call CQ on the
air waves. They should simply spot their receive frequency on
the internet.

Of course, there really is no reason for CQ'rs to listen for
answers on the HF, either. A simple CHAT message will log
the QSO perfectly.

Wayne, W5XD