[CQ-Contest] Contest cheats...

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest cheats...
From: "Mike Gilmer" <n2mg@eham.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 19:06:28 -0500
>  I think the case that most have made for removing packet is that
> people get away with cheating (i.e claiming SO when they are SOA)
> and the contest sponsors don't do anything about it.

Sure there are those who cheat with packet, just like there are those who
cheat by using 500W in low-power, or running 8KW in high-power, and I'm sure
there are even those who use more than a tribander in the TS category in
WPX.  So what?  The only contest I can think of in which one can be certain
that cheating is as non-existent as possible is the WRTC.

All I can picture when I hear complaints like this are folks wringing their
hands in their cellars, fretting about how they are being beaten by
cheaters.  Sorry, but IMO, dwelling on the misdeeds of others in a situation
like this is a waste of energy.  And to believe that the sponsors don't do
anything to nab cheaters (packet too) is wrong.

Mike N2MG