Re: [CQ-Contest] ANOTHER SMELLY SUBJECT

To: "Alan C. Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>, <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ANOTHER SMELLY SUBJECT
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:46:02 -0800
From: "Alan C. Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>

> Could these be the few, very loud, stations in Europe that don't seem
> to be able to copy the stations trying to answer them when several
> stations are calling back at them?

Back in the late 80's when I stilled lived in Ohio, there was this
Italian guy with a 4 element full-size Yagi at 150'. I think he ran
"big gas" into it. In the late afternoon, he would be an honest-to-
goodness 20dB over S9 on 75 meter phone even though it
was still broad daylight in Ohio, and that was using an
inverted-vee at 50' for receive!! Needless to say, he didn't
respond to a lot of the people calling him. In fact, if I watched
the lights in my shack closely, I would almost swear that I could
see a barely perceptible dimming that would follow his voice
peaks :):)

73 de Mike, W4EF............