Re: [CQ-Contest] ANOTHER SMELLY SUBJECT

To: CT1BOH - José Carlos Cardoso Nunes <ct1boh@sapo.pt>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ANOTHER SMELLY SUBJECT
From: "Alexander Teimurazov" <at@at-communication.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 18:20:02 +0400
      I agree with Jose
 I think that discussion will dont change lot
 First of all there is no chance to control those things
 Then I dont know top contester world wide who is use 10kw or something like
that
 I dont think power is make anydifference in top 6 or so
 Propably if someone will use 100 kwt that will make difference but I dont
think so
 Most important is to have right operating skill and receive well right
tactic otherwise you running 1,5 kw or 2,5 kw (thats what you can get from
ACOM or ALPHA for example ) is not such important you will dont see
difference
 Dont forget to be louder by 10db you need to have 10 time more power thats
mean you need 15 kw but dont forget on the same time top contesters like
CT1BOH and N6TJ have with their operation skill 20 db allways above you what
to do to make 1 MWt TX or better work on operating skill
 I will suggest you second
 Im personnally will be happy if we will go to 100 watt then propably that
will be easier to find place on 40m in SSB and will be able to run even
better from D4
 Each location have advantage and disadvantage
 If I will use similar antenna on 80 m to get same signal like Jim CN2R have
in Europe I will propably need 75 kWT  because he is one hop closer I have a
choice what to do increase power I cant do it because electricity problem
and second what advantage I will have?
 With that reason I put up 3 el quad antenna on 80m which have more gain on
80m then 2 el short yagi I think thats right way
 Power is not a key
 Jose enjoy beach and prepair your self for coming contests
 Your experience is lot of gain and make you tribander like 10 over 10 over
10 over 1000 hi hi
      73      Al 4L5A/D4B

> I'm on my way to the beach, to enjoy some waves of what's left of a dying
> swell, and right now, I  guess I don't really care much about stations
> capable of running 10kw...but I am curious about the sensitive discussion
> concerning amplifiers.
>
> If someone builds and runs a 10 over 10 over 10 over 10 over whatever
> antenna giving him a xDB advantage over the average top contester, nobody
> cares. If someone could come up with a vertical antenna capable of
spraying
> signals on a "0-49" degree angle and blocking a range of incoming angle
and
> azimuth signals (my dream antenna) I guess nobody would care but If
someone
> builds a 10 KW amp giving him a xDB advantage over the average top
> contester, everybody cares.
>
> If we abstract the rules issue prohibiting more than 1.5kw out, why is it
OK
> to build big antennas but it is not OK to build big Amplifiers? What if
the
> logic behind the fact that the only restriction as far as equipment is
> concerned only applies to Amplifiers?
>
> This question is just a curiosity!
>
> 73 José
> CT1BOH