Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation

To: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation
From: "Axel Schernikau, DL6KVA" <dl6kva@qsl.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 17:08:10 +0000
Hello Joe,

there's no way!

The DX-station has to send all documentation and get the certificate. After this the DX-station could send the keys for LoTW to the manager. Asked this in beta-testing-phase.

73 & gl

Axel Schernikau, DL6KVA
dl6kva@qsl.net

Joe Subich, K4IK schrieb:

So for the time being I will continue sending updates of my log to my QSL manager who does not require my sending him photocopy of passport and license by snail mail.

Does anyone know what standard/documentation ARRL/LotW requires of a QSL manager in order to obtain a certificate for a station he/she might manage?

For those DX stations with a traditional QSL manager, I don't see why the manager couldn't upload logs in any case ... for others, perhaps one way to deal with the requirement for documentation for foreign amateurs is for US (and other) registered individuals to serve as "on-line QLS managers."

The US station could use his/her certificate to sign the certificate request for the DX station. The DX station could send logs to the "electronic QSL manager" (signed with PGP or some other unique ID), the "on-line manager" could then convert the log to ADIF (if necessary), sign the ADIF and upload it to LotW.

Although I do not have the time & resources to act as a traditional QSL manager, I would certainly be willing to act as an on-line QSL manager if such were possible.

73,

... Joe, K4IK