RE: [CQ-Contest] Re: LotW - Needs More Participation

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Re: LotW - Needs More Participation
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 21 May 2004 12:19:04 -0500
On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 10:13, Boris Knezovic wrote:
> No, I am not using LotW and it is not because of the above but because of the
> silly picture ID requirement.

I know with identity theft problems here in the U.S., I'd be reluctant
to mail copies of my personal documents to a foreign organization.

Maybe what's needed is for the League to delegate authority for checking
license documents for non-Americans to IARU member organizations in the
various countries.  These organizations are best placed to know how to
obtain and interpret the necessary licensing databases in their
countries.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66