RE: [CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW Trick

To: "Jim Cain" <cainjim@mindspring.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW Trick
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:22:42 -00
> From: Jim Cain <cainjim@mindspring.com>

> But I still believe, despite flames to the contrary, that
>"populating a band map" before 2100Z should count
> as operating time. To me, this amounts to rubber clocking.

Rubber clocking isn't even the same thing, since it involves lying about
the time a station was worked.

Manually scanning the bands to find the QRG of a number of stations before
the opening bell does not put them in your log --- you still have to work
them, hopefully before the cluster lizards find them and build a
feeding-frenzy pileup.  (Heaven forbid a boy and his radio' have an
advantage over the 'assisted'.)

73, de Hans, K0HB