RE: [CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW Trick

To: <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>, "Jim Cain" <cainjim@mindspring.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW Trick
From: "Richard DiDonna NN3W" <NN3W@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:45:32 -0500
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
To: "Jim Cain" <cainjim@mindspring.com>, cq-
contest@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW
Trick

contrary, that
>>"populating a band map" before 2100Z should count
>> as operating time. To me, this amounts to rubber
clocking.

>Rubber clocking isn't even the same thing, since it
involves lying about
>the time a station was worked.
>
>Manually scanning the bands to find the QRG of a
number of stations before
>the opening bell does not put them in your log ---
you still have to work
>them, hopefully before the cluster lizards find them
and build a
>feeding-frenzy pileup.  (Heaven forbid a boy and his
radio' have an
>advantage over the 'assisted'.)
>
>73, de Hans, K0HB

Agreed.  Unless you're entering in the SWL category,
making a QSO is what gets you points.  I fail to see
how loading up your band map really is any different
from congregating during a pre-arranged schedule with
a DX station, with you contest club buddies, or with
your OM who wants to give you an additional Q on
sunday afternoon.