Re: [CQ-Contest] Here we go again

To: KL7RA <kl7ra@ptialaska.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Here we go again
From: i4jmy <i4jmy.mauri@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:25:09 +0100
On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 01:39:25 -0800, KL7RA <kl7ra@ptialaska.net> wrote:
> SO2R is really more an acquired skill then just cobbling together the
> hardware.
>
> My guess is the best way to beat the SO2R guy in your neighborhood is to learn
> this skill as well.  Nothing about contesting is fair, and skill is about all
> we have
> left after location, and hardware.
>
> Adding a new category doesn't solve your score discrepancy, real or imagined,
> but practice developing the two radio skill will boast your scores and fun.

This concept is wise and should have been adopted, but such an idea
implies mind flexibility and will to learn, as well as the real
understanding of the word "competition".
Reality is actually different, and reality drove contests organizers
to add new categories not to see partecipation decreasing. This
happened because will to learn and flexibility have been almost
defeated in favour of frozen minds, who pretend everything never
changes (as we could stop world), and what's existing is (stays or
becomes) even more tailored under own preferences, at any cost.
It's evident that a stronger will to do anything to succed, own and
enviromental limitations, is not supported at all by most of so called
new categories, present and future.
Plain field is a fake concept as nothing about contesting is fair, I agree.
Just my opinion...

73,
Mauri I4JMY