Re: [CQ-Contest] Here we go again

To: dezrat1242@ispwest.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Here we go again
From: i4jmy <i4jmy.mauri@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:19:22 +0100
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 07:03:47 -0800, Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com> wrote:

> I am glad to see the SO2R folks have "mind flexibility" and understand
> the word "competition".  Flexing their minds, they will now understand
> why having the ability to listen while transmitting makes the
> competition "unfair" and why an SO1R category helps make it more fair.

Ability to use a second radio is totally in the range of plain field.
Everyone can try doing it,although not everyone will be able to succed
and get benefits.

> They will now understand why Indy cars do not race against stock cars,
> why heavyweights do not box middleweights and why 40-foot sailboats do
> not race against 20-footers.  The Indy car guys do not point to the
> stock car guys and say "life is not fair, get used to it".

This doesn't apply with amateur radio.
Serious scarmble of plain field comes from different antenna type and
height, properties, geographical position, sun cycle, or season,
scoring.

> And for what seems like the zillionth time, NOBODY WANTS TO BAN SO2R.
> They just want SO1R in its own category.  There is at least one
> contest which already does this: The Mexican RTTY contest, held the
> second weekend of February.  Perhaps other contest sponsors will take
> note?

Practically speaking, with 1R / 2R single op, single op categories will double.
(figure out WPX....)

73,
Mauri I4JMY