[CQ-Contest] Re: Chirp on about 28.5 MHz

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Chirp on about 28.5 MHz
From: "Lawrence Stoskopf" <stoskopf@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 15:00:59 GMT
Not sure which list this belong on, but took a half mile hike up to my station to check things out for the ARRL 10M. About 6 miles from town and the same from the local airport where the Global Flyer will be taking off early January. Turned the TS940 to roughly 28.5, fired up the computer and linear, walked out to check the electrical meter, came back and there was a way over S9 chirp all over the band totally saturating the receiver and maybe every 45 seconds. Never heard this before, turned off the laptop, still there. Went out to check the antenna, came back and it was gone. Antenna was pointed NW, this at local sunset. I had to leave before checking more. Band was totally dead. Sorry I didn't pursue this more, but anyone have any idea where such a loud signal could come from? Hope it isn't there this weekend.

N0UU