Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW PHONE UBNs

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW PHONE UBNs
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 18:22:38 -0400

All of the PJ2T Cabrillo contest logs have been published on
the Club web site (www.pj2t.org) from the first operation
there in 2000 through the last submitted log.

I never much understood why UBN reports were held confidential,
and personally wouldn't mind them being made public record.
Problem is, there is so much data there, and so little to
be proved or learned by data mining it except for the
specific station from whose log it came (and they already
have access).

> I would like to hear some negative aspects from anybody if there is any. I
> don't think it would expose the log checking procedure as you can draw those
> conclusions from your own UBN already!
>
> 73
> tonno
> es5tv

CQ has yet to provide the contest results from the 2003 CQWW
Contests on the CQWW web site.
   (http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/cqwwhome.html).

I think it's a bit optimistic that CQ will be willing or able
to make a few thousand UBNs available while the operators are
still young enough to be able to chew their food or remember
the contest.

73,

Jeff Maass  K8ND