Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW PHONE UBNs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW PHONE UBNs
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 21:07:55 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/2005 7:14:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
k5zd@charter.net writes:

>>When you get a speeding ticket, you often pay a fine.  That is the monetary
version of 3 QSO penalty...<<
The "ham radio logic" :-)
How you figured that one? What's the formula? 1 ticket = 3 QSOs?
>>The CQWW log checking is superb.  There may be occasional errors due to a
variety of factors, but my inspection of my UBN reports gives no reason to
question the results.  As we have seen by the 8Q7DV and EY8MM posts in
response
to your UBN post, it seems the log checking did exactly what it was supposed
do.<<

I have no quarrel with log checking and its findings. The checking process
and computerized processing is a giant step forward, kudos and thank you to all
involved. It is basically 100% accurate when comparing and checking logs. It
finds problems that were not caught by manual checking.
My point was that I worked "8Q7DV" and "EY8MM", it wasn't the case that I
miscopied their calls, but I heard them coming back to my call and logged it. I
am not that stupid to put them in the log, if I did not work them. The point is
that I got 3x penalized for "my error" that I didn't make.
I know that everybody is more less in the same boat. It just hurts when you
beat some record, and you get UBNed out of it because you get excessive
penalties for no errors of yours.

Yuri, K3BU