[CQ-Contest] Contest Support

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Support
From: Jim George <n3bb@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 09:03:08 -0500
At 11:50 AM 8/2/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>One contester said "I don't subscribe to CQ mag, so I never know how I
>do.  Has the contest become a marketing ploy for subscriptions?"

snip

>Another contester said "Well if that is their plan it's not working very
>well, at least by me. I gave up years ago. I still participate in their
>contests and submit my logs but that's it.  (snip) ... from my point of
>view I'm supporting fellow contesters by participating in a CQ Contest not
>CQ Magazine."

I don't understand.  From my point of view, contesters should support
organizations which sponsor and support contesting.  This takes a great
deal of work.  There aren't that many.  Contesting oriented magazines are
not a great profit makers.  The least I can do here, for my competitive
hobby, is to subscribe to both CQ and to the NCJ.

I don't understand how people who are contesters actually are complaining
about the sponsors while not supporting these sponsoring organizations.

Jim George N3BB