Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Multi-Single Rule

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Multi-Single Rule
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:02:14 +0000
VE4XT added:

>When the rules say there's an exception to the single transmitter rule, the
>rules are saying there is an exception to the single transmitter rule. Seems
>pretty clear to me.
>
>The contest committee would be pretty naive to not recognize Randy's and
>others' interpretation as allowing another transmittter as a mult station.
>It's been talked about in contesting circles long enough. Since we've seen
>no arguments to the contrary or rule changes in reaction...
>
>Final say goes to the contest committee, and its silence speaks for itself.
>Vive le mult station!

Perhaps another way of looking at it is that the CQ WW committee,
after writing the rule that seems fairly clear to at least some of us,
have received entries from multi-singles that will clearly show in log
that two simultaneous transmitters were in operation & those
entries show up in the results as multi-singles.

Like SO2R for single-ops, during my time MO2R with the
multiplier-only restriction for the second station has been possible
for multi-singles.  Perhaps the name of the category is being
taken too literally, or are we going to have a CQ-WW-M/S-is-unfair
thread? ;^)

73, VR2BrettGraham