Re: [CQ-Contest] WW SSB - the corruptive influence of packet

To: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mts.net>,SGT Korey Chandler <korey.chandler@us.army.mil>,CQ-CONTEST@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WW SSB - the corruptive influence of packet
From: Andrei Nevis <v49a@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 21:05:20 -0800 (PST)
That's was a real FUN as you say.
I was QRV as V49A last weekend - countryside village in Nevis Island - NO
Internet at all, ZERO.
I forgot already how to work without Internet, shame on me.
Well, it took me a couple of hours to forget about darn Internet and... I had
FUN, working like 10, 15, 20 years ago, before blessed Al Gore invented that
stuff.. (:)
Follow me guys, TURN OFF internet, throw away packet... and work on the air...
forget assisted categories... who can
Thanks
73's Andrei EW1AR-NC2N-V49A

Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mts.net> wrote:
It always amazes me when someone takes a realistic look at the facts of
life, that packet operators do not answer to CQ-Contest, and is attacked for
having a bad attitude.

All the power to someone who is able to convince the packet networks to shut
down, but sniping from the cheap seats isn't going to do it. The genie's out
of the bottle. All the griping in the world isn't going to put it back in.

Instead of whining about it here, why not begin a campaign to convince
contest organizers to disallow packet? Start a petition. Organize rallies in
front of ARRL HQ. Write your congressman.

I'm not advocating for or against packet. Just pointing out that unless
someone takes concrete action, all the whining in the world isn't going to
stop it.

73, kelly
ve4xt